Friday, June 5, 2015

Flower Bed Update

This was in mid-May.


For all that this was rather a mess, it was a HUGE improvement over the previous wasteland of tall grasses and miscellaneous weeds.

A couple of days ago, my parents rolled into town for a visit, bearing plants.

I mentioned before that my mother has a MAJOR green thumb. She is a truly excellent gardener. She brought some spreading plants that were overrunning her beds, and with her expertise, we transformed the front flower bed into...this.


Now that looks quite lovely!  There are now 5 hosta plants in the back.  There are...something else in the upper right hand corner, and another something else near the sidewalk.  Yes, I need to ask my mother what I actually PLANTED.

So the current goal is to keep the weeds from overrunning this area, and to remember to water these plants until they establish their roots.

But hey, I'm proud.  These flower beds have NEVER looked this good :-).




No comments: