Sunday, December 18, 2016

Feeling Thankful

There are so many things we can take for granted.

But then I read about the Syrian crisis and realize how blessed we are.

So right now I'm thankful for:

1.  A warm home.
2.  A roof that doesn't leak.
3.  Available medical care.
4.  Plenty of food.
5.  Warm blankets and clothes.
6. Cars that work.
7.  Living in a place where no army is attacking our home.
8.  Jesus
9.  The freedom to worship the Lord openly.
10. Kevin and I are quite healthy.
11.  Healthy children.
12.  Kevin is employed and paid enough to care well for our family.
13.  God grants us wisdom when we ask for it, and I ask a lot!
14.  Kevin and I have a strong and enduring marriage.
15.  Married 20 years this June!  Wow!
16.  I get 2 weeks off from teaching the kids :-).
17. Homeschooling.  It is wearing at times but I am so thankful we can teach our kids legally at home.  In some countries,  it is illegal and kids have been snatched by the government when parents have tried to homeschool.
18.  The Holy Spirit, who dwells in those who follow Jesus Christ.
19.  My Kindle.  E-books are awesome.
20.  Our extended family.  They are a blessing to us.

There are just 20 blessings off the top of my head.  Yes, we are very blessed. Thank you, Lord.

Of course, many people are struggling with famine and war and injury and illness.  What do we do about them?

I'm praying for the people of Aleppo.

We are donating to Partners International, a wonderful Christian relief organization.

We are praying for wisdom in how we use our money, remembering we are stewards.  Our primary responsibility during this season of life is our large family.  Not only do we need to care for them now, but we'll be launching them, one by one, into adulthood and are thankful we can help contribute to post high school training expenses.  I'm thankful for James 1, which tells us the Lord grants us wisdom. We need wisdom.

No comments: