Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Merry Christmas!

A Merry Christmas to you!!

We had a good day yesterday. This season tends to be hectic, but thanks to Kevin, I've felt more peaceful than usual.

He, bless his heart, took care of purchasing most of the gifts for the children.  He also filled the stockings.


My mom made the stockings.  Aren't they cute??

So Christmas is celebrating the birth of  Jesus Christ, of course.  Realistically, it is natural for children to be excited about presents and I understand that.  They got lots of video games (courtesy of Kevin's careful analysis of good games out there) plus a whole bunch of plushies made by Lydia and Angela. More about that in another blog post.



Post present picture.  So blessed by our family!!


I've been thinking quite a bit about infants.  We lost our last baby to miscarriage this summer, of course, and with the hysterectomy I am obviously totally and completely done having children.  Since I am 49, that is entirely reasonable.

Having said that, I've been thinking about little ones.  They are so small and so helpless and so WEAK!  And yet Jesus,


 Who, being in very nature [1] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

but made himself nothing, taking the very nature [2] of a servant, being made in human likeness.

And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

 Phillipians 2:6-8

The cross part was horrible enough, and such a gift to us. But the baby part!  To go from being God in heaven to a helpless little person on earth, one dependent on the care of a Jewish teenage girl!

Yes, I am thankful for Jesus, and his willingness to lay aside Heavenly glory to save us.  To save me.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: