Monday, August 26, 2019

Intimidating Week

I am intimidated. This week is full of appointments.  Last week I nobly went in to have some medical scan to to check for artery blockages.  Mostly the results were great.  The technician doing the test said I would probably win "lowest blood pressure" for the day. The higher number (systolic?  diastolic? ) was 90.

I have low blood pressure.

BUT they did find nodules in my thyroid.  That's not uncommon but my family has a history of thyroid issues so this morning I am going in for a more detailed ultrasound of my thyroid.

I also have well child appointments for two kids who just had birthdays.  Naomi has a bunch of dental stuff on Thursday also, but that's her deal. She can drive herself and it is glorious.

She has been working full time at Goodwill. It is nice they are giving her so many hours.  She is walking a ton -- lots of exercise!

I'm working a few hours today and Friday morning. 

So yes, busy week.  But busy is a blessing. 

Last Wednesday, we had all 4 vehicles busy at once.  We rarely use our giant diesel truck (which can haul the 5th wheel) but Naomi drove it work so Lydia and I could run off and do our own things.  I drove it back from work as I needed to drop the kids off at Goodwill and then Naomi ran them and herself to youth group on Wednesday evening.

Woof!

This may not sound impressive to many families.  I know a lot of parents that are running around all the time.  It doesn't work well for me. I'm sure by the end of this week I will be slightly bug eyed with stress. I like being home, and the family rhythm tends to deteriorate somewhat when I'm gone a lot.  BUT it is just a week.

In other news, it was a year ago that we lost our last baby to miscarriage and I discovered I needed an urgent hysterectomy.  It was a hard time and I'm very thankful that I had the surgery and recovered well.

And its my blog so I can say this; I am thankful I can pee normally.  I had a bladder injury and a catheter for 10 days post surgery and then picked up a urinary tract infection (not a huge surprise with a catheter) and the whole thing was really rough.  I still appreciate that my bladder works well now. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: