Sunday, May 24, 2020

Pool Open!





Kevin and the older kids opened the pool today, which meant death to many hundred tadpoles. Very sad.  We still have some tadpoles in our sun room.  None are frogs yet.  So we'll see if they ever turn into frogs or just die ignominiously. Yes, I am feeding them and doing my best, but I'm not a tree frog and maybe I'm doing something terribly wrong.


This evening, after a few hours to let the chemicals do their work, Kevin said the kids could go swimming.  Isaac, Daniel, and Rose were excited.


The pool temperature was...

59 degrees.

That is a new record in liquid iciness. That is AWFUL.

I had to force the three kids out at the 10 minute mark. That is hypothermic temperature but no, they wanted to keep dunking themselves and shivering.

The water should heat up fast as we have a few days in the 80's ahead of us.

On to a fun summer of swimming!



No comments: