Saturday, June 27, 2020

June 27th

Tomorrow is our 23rd anniversary, which is awesome.  We don't have any particular plans. Maybe, if we are very fortunate, we will go out to eat :-).

But yes, 23 years is a long time.  We are truly blessed.

So what have I been up to?  Well, one thing is sorting out Isaac's college classes for the fall. He has been leaping through various hoops and is accepted to both Clark State University and Wright State University.  Clark State is a community college (with far lower tuition) and Wright State is a 4 year state college.

Isaac wants to get a materials science degree from Wright State. Yeah, Materials Science!!

There is a class that he should take this fall at Wright State. But.

He won't.  The logistics just don't work. He doesn't drive yet on his own and I already will be busy shuttling him to and from the Clark State Springfield campus on Tuesday and Thursdays. This class he should take is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for an hour, plus a Tuesday lab. I will go stark raving mad if I have to run him around 5 days a week.

He turns 18 in December and we hope he'll get his license after that. Of course, we could try to get his license before then but it doesn't really work.  COVID and various things have conspired against us.

So for now, he is taking Chemistry and Pre-Calculus at Clark State and I hope to add another humanities class.

It has been really FUN working with two different colleges getting this all sorted out though I will say that at both Clark State and Wright State, the people I have been emailing have been super helpful.

I've also been writing furiously on my second Pride and Prejudice novel.  I find myself a bit nervous about it because people REALLY liked I Am Jael.I have 23 Amazon reviews and they are all 4 or 5 stars.  I worry that people won't like the second book as well.

But oh well if they don't!  I mean, I think it is a good book, an interesting book (the second one, I mean.)  I'm doing the best I can.  They don't have to like it, right?

Is this why some people produce only one book?  Nerves?  Like the Gone With the Wind author only wrote that one book, I think.

Anyway, I am just going to finish it, edit it, publish it.


No comments: