Saturday, December 26, 2020

Covid-19 (?) update

 So a totally weird thing happened!


Kevin, Isaac, Joseph, and I all had antibody testing for COVID.  And all the tests came back negative!


HUH????


Now keep in mind that of all of us, only Naomi had a positive COVID test.  The rest of us were too weary and sick to bother running off to the doctor for a COVID test in the early days. We just assumed since we had similar symptoms that we caught COVID from Naomi.


Now the boys admittedly were not very sick.  Isaac's toes got weird for a few days -- puffy and very red.  COVID toe. We thought.


Kevin and I were tired -- no, not tired, exhausted. Melt into the mattress fatigue. We had bad headaches. I had horrible body aches. I still have chilled feet off and on.


No fever or cough, and we didn't lose our sense of taste and smell.


So now we just don't know. Was it something else altogether? Was Naomi a false positive and she was sick with something else?


I really have a hard time believing that it was not COVID.  I mean, I wasn't just sick, I was WEIRD sick.  Some of the symptoms were downright crazy. The horrible pain in my back, the chilled feet!


But why would all 4 antibody tests come back negative? Did we do them too soon?


My doctor friend said ideal time is 4 to 12 weeks post symptoms and we were just beyond 4 weeks for me, at least, and Kevin was sick a little later. So yes, maybe?


I hate the uncertainty. I was happy that we had gotten COVID and were done with it. But...now I don't know.  But such is life. Life is uncertain at times.


We will continue to be careful, to wear masks, to wash hands, to isolate when possible.


Whatever it was, it was miserable and we are happy to be feeling better.

No comments: