Thursday, October 6, 2022

End of this Round of COVID

 Whew!

We are all almost better.

That is inspiring, I know, but almost better is good!

When we got COVID back in late 2020, I was seriously alarmed.  While we are moderately young to have major COVID complications, I was 50, diabetic, and asthmatic.  I remember lying on the bed pleading with God that He would keep me safe from breathing problems.

And He did.  I had aches and pains and frozen feet and headaches and total exhaustion, but my lungs were great.

This time, I was pretty blase about getting COVID.  I mean, yeah, inconvenient, but I am fully vaxed with two boosters, albeit 2 years older than last time, still diabetic of course, still asthmatic.

And wham, breathing was an issue!

Not a scary, COVID pneumonia issue, but I should have prayed about that this time as well!

My asthma is triggered only by viruses.  When I was a kid, I had allergy and exercise induced asthma, but my only problems in the last couple of decades were when I got sick.

So I got COVID a couple of weeks ago and I was tired, and had headaches, and then asthma smacked me.  My blood oximeter levels were great all the time, but I was panting when I walked up stairs, and one day I couldn't even talk without gasping for oxygen. NOT IDEAL.

However, I am surrounded by competent people and Kevin carried the load (he got COVID, and got over it, before I did) and here we are, 95% better.

We have been flaunting our great wealth by buying copious COVID tests.  (That is a joke.  Like we WANT to spend lots of money on COVID tests!)  As of yesterday, everyone is testing negative except for me, and my last test was super super super light.  So probably today it is negative but I am not going anywhere today. So I will test again tomorrow.

Anyway, we are thankful that we are almost all better and getting back into the swing of normal things.


No comments: