Thursday, July 25, 2024

End of July


We are starting to get produce from our garden!  Kevin has been working hard on it. I am enjoying fresh cucumbers!! And we have made two batches of zucchini bread already.


Pool is delightful!


Rose is very creative making things with paper!


Kevin and Lydia at a church picnic yesterday. I had a headache and stayed home while Kevin took all the kids to the picnic. I was alone in the house. I seriously cannot remember the last time I was alone in the house. It waas kind of nice. But I was happy when they got home.

I intend to start homeschooling the younger four in a week or so. I always start very gently; usually just math the first week, and then I add things until we are full throttle in early September. I feel a little intimdated, but that is not unusual. I always do this time of year. Just getting organized and started seems tiring. Once we are in the groove, I am good!

Angela is taking two college classes and is also going to do some math and microbiology on the side. She is thinking about a medical career so learning microbiology, in particular, should be helpful. She is only 16 so we are in the exploration time of her life. This is to say I don't think many 16 year olds are SURE what they want to do. I certainly wasn't at her age! We will see.

My allergies have been bad but by the grace of God, and thanks to hot water and pools, I have not had one chigger bite all summer, so far anyway. I am very thankful as they are EVIL. I take two showers a day and swim often as well. Go away, evil chiggers!

I wanted to write a lot this week and thus far have succeeded. I am writing two novels at once, both Pride and Prejudice variations, so it is FUN keeping the plots separate! Actually, I am doing fine with that. One of my gifts, definitely! The Lydia Bennet in one book is a total idiot and the other is quite a bit more sensible. That kind of thing!

I don't want to spend a lot of time on political stuff on this blog but I am thankful Biden isn't running for re-election. He obviously is not very well and I think he should relax on a beach somewhere. There is arguing about whether he should step down NOW... we will see what happens there! It has been a tumultuous political season. Who knows what will happen next?

I am inclined to be anxious about it all and keep reminding myself of the following verse.


Also




I tend to be an anxious person so this is hard for me, but I am trying my best. I am also very thankful for Lexapro!


No comments: