Saturday, October 3, 2020

Busy Week

 I was looking over the calendar for a few months ago and April was frankly amazing.  Just day after day with nothing scheduled thanks to the coronavirus lockdown.  I know a great many people found the whole experience depressing but I loved it. I am an introvert by nature but of course with 10 other people around all the time, I never get lonely.  


I really do not like having to dash around a lot outside the home.  It stresses me out.  So those weeks of peacefully getting up every day without having to go anywhere was very freeing.


Of course, that was delaying the inevitable; we still had to deal with dental appointments and eye appointments and the like, so the blank days of April and May have given way to busier weeks than usual.   That has definitely been part of my anxiety though I am happy to report that I am doing better. I think starting up school stressed me more than usual  this year and now that we are in the groove, I am calmer.  Isaac is doing great in college, which is to say he is just doing his thing.  He is a self starter and just toils away to figure things out. He is even managing his chemistry lab class with aplomb, which I find most impressive since we never did much formally in the way of labs.


We are dealing with CAT PROBLEMS :-). As many of you may remember, we adopted 5 kittens found in the woodpile of some friends around the corner.  They are charming and adorable and in every way wonderful. They are also mixed gender; namely, 3 boys and 2 girls.


We arranged to have a low cost spay/neuter facility get them fixed 11 days ago.  The morning we were supposed to bring them in, I got a cancellation call because someone tested positive for coronavirus at the facility.  ARRGHGHHH!


They are 6 months old so at the age when breeding is just barely possible so we separated them by putting the girls in the barn and the boys stayed in our sunroom.


I made phone calls and scurried around and managed to find other places to get them taken care of, though not until later in October.


Then we got a call from the original place and they were able to work the two girls in so they were spayed this week.  Hooray!  No baby cats!!  The boys are being neutered at the end of the week. So all that is good.  It is involving more driving around than is desirable but that is life. Far better to cope with coronavirus interruptions than actually have coronavirus so, yeah.  No whining!

What else, hmmmmmm....

Oh, my next book is being released this coming week. It is called A Fortuitous Fall.  It is funnier than my last books thanks to one rather oddball character.

I made over $5000 last month on writing!  That is CRAZY.  However, the Banished Uncle (my last book) is falling steadily in the Amazon charts so if I were not launching another book, this month would be way lower no doubt.


So the key to making money writing is, not surprisingly, to keep writing.  I write quickly and I have about ten million ideas so yeah, I can keep doing this but of course I also have a busy life with kids and husband.  So I keep praying for wisdom about balancing my responsibilities.  I will say this, though -- writing clears my brain and helps me stay sane so there is that.


But I will also say this, God and Kevin and the kids are my main priority so I will keep working to keep my life in balance.  




No comments: