Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Sickness

 I am pretty sick.  It isn't a big deal. It is just a cold.  But I am coping with mild asthma, which only pops its ugly head when I am sick with a respiratory illness.


So the last few days I have been lying around a lot. Now that isn't a big deal.  I have older kids who can help with younger kids, and Kevin is my hero always.  So the house isn't falling apart.


But I am frustrated.  I have a lot to do around the house and I want to get back to my writing, and so on, and so forth...


I am whiny.  


And yet...Saturday, when the girls moved, I was in pretty good shape even though Friday was bad. It was a hot day and the girls moved into a 3 story apartment.  I was able to climb up and down stairs with boxes all day and my asthma wasn't bad at all.  


Their new apartment is very nice, by the way.  But the third floor was definitely tiring!


Anyway, we got them  moved, and Sunday I was well enough to go to church, which was also awesome, and Monday I woke up coughing and asthmatic and Tuesday the same, and today, well, so far so good. The biggest issue is talking.  If I talk, I cough, and if I cough, my asthma flares up. So it has been "quiet Mom" for a couple of days.


I do think I am getting better but it is slow going. So annoying!

I take feeling well for granted. I take being able to do stuff for granted.

I have a friend who is only a couple years older than me who is battling cancer. I have an acquaintance at least 20 years younger than me who has cancer and has been battling it for literally a decade.

I should be...I AM...thankful for good health most of the time.

A big part of it is that I don't think I am pulling my own weight, because I am not, but actually I am, because I am sick, so I am doing the best I can.

Anyway.

I am sure I will be better soon.


No comments: