Friday, May 13, 2022

St. Croix, and Crazy Week, and Sickness, and Moving, and...

 I know it has been quite a while since I posted. Kevin and I went to St. Croix for 9 days and had a glorious time. We got back in the wee hours on Mother's Day.  My parents came over for a few days to hang with the children, and we had a Mother's Day brunch here before my parents headed home.

Kevin took a million awesome pictures in St. Croix.  I will post some later.  He always likes to work on them and he hasn't had time.

Because... it has been an INSANE week. We had doctor appointments and a final exam for Joseph at his college and this and that.  Wow.  We were dashing around all day doing various things.


Then I got sick with a cold. It is JUST a cold (I even took an at home COVID test and it was negative) but still, I feel really tired and my breathing is a little bit off and my throat annoys me and I am coughing a bit.


Argh.


Also, this weekend, Lydia and Naomi are moving into another apartment. Lydia has a job thirty minutes from their current apartment so they are moving closer to Lydia's job.





Random pictures of kids.

Sarah is 11 and has been growing rapidly. She is now over 5 ft. 5 inches tall.  Given that she is just entering puberty, we rather expect her to grow quite a bit more. She might finally be the Kendig daughter to pass me up!  I am 5 ft. 8 inches tall.

Hmmm, what else?  I have been writing a series of Golden Daffodil short stories, based on one of my Pride and Prejudice variations. We are going to publish them fairly soon.

It has been nuts around here and rather stressful.  Part of being diligent and focused and getting stuff done, for me, is anxiety.  I need to continue to work on making lists and accomplishing things without getting all uptight.

Oh, Rose is reading pretty well now. So hooray on that!

More later!



No comments: