Saturday, September 17, 2022

This Week

 It has been a quiet week here because Miriam and Angela are out east with my parents.  They are having a wonderful time touring the greater Washington D.C. area, and my dad says the girls have been particularly excited about the art.  Both are enthusiastic artists. They didn't get that from me.

So just the five kids here at home and me and Kevin, of course -- and you'd think that would be silly, that life with five kids would be quiet but it IS compared to seven. Of course we miss the girls and are excited about them coming home next week, but I know they are having a fabulous time with their grandparents.



Rose keeps making progress with reading, which is wonderful.  As I've said many times before, kids vary one when they are able to read well.  She is 8 and now pretty fluent with simpler words, but she isn't going to be reading perspicacity any time soon! Anyway, I found this delightful set of books by Mo Willems (also famous for the Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus book) and Rose is enjoying them very much.

When I was her age, I was reading the Chronicles of Narnia. When I was almost 9, I was reading James Herriot with ease.  KIDS VARY!  :-)  I am very happy with her progress and 



I took the younger three children to Pearl's Fen, which is a nearby park with a walkway and a bunch of wildflowers.  Very pretty. There is also a stream with a bridge.


This is another park, one that has play equipment. Tell me that's not cute!  I dare you???

In other news, I got my excusal letter from Fairborn Schools!  Hip hip hooray!!!  Hip hip hooray!  I am very relieved to have that in hand.

The older two boys are vigorously doing college.  Isaac has a heavy load this semester and says Physics 2 is really difficult.  He is very independent and is managing, but yeah, hard!  Joseph has 2 college courses.  He is enjoying the programming one the most.

No comments: