Thursday, March 22, 2012

Locked Door

Yesterday was VERY busy. I worked, and then midway through the day Kevin and I took Sarah to an orthopedics appointment (more on that in another post.)

By evening, I was wiped out.  The older 3 children stayed up late watching Kevin play a game. He sent them off to bed.  A few minutes later (at close to 10 p.m.), Isaac came trailing back down with the news that his door was locked.

And Joseph, who had inadvertently locked the door, was fast asleep.

Joseph is...a deep sleeper.  Various people called him, but he didn't stir.

So our younger son was trapped in his room (albeit happily) and our older son was separated from his bed.

Kevin went to work with tools, but had no luck.

I am proud to say that I figured out how to open the door.  Hooray for the mama!

(I usually am not good at that kind of thing, but learned how to open simple locks when I was a child.)

So whew, emergency over, and Isaac went to bed.

No comments: