Sunday, March 1, 2015

Fun in the Snow


  February had several bitterly cold snaps.  The children weren't able to play outside much because I didn't want frostbite.  Yep, mean Mom. That's me.

  A few days ago, the temperatures were reasonable and the snow was piled high, and Lydia kindly agreed to take Daniel out for the first time this winter.  Yes, first time.

  Toddlers in the snow are a pain.  They love it, but they lose mittens and fall over and all that jazz.  So I just don't take the littles out much (obviously.)

  I think 6 kids went out, and they had a great time.

 

      Kevin spent a couple miserable hours earlier in the week plowing snow, which produced a giant snow pile.

     Daniel was only out for a short time before, sure enough, he lost his mittens.  Lydia brought him in.  He was pretty cold but fine.  And he enjoyed his sojourn into the elements, and slept very well that night.

  Today it is snowing again -- weather forecast is for 3 to 5 inches but I suspect we may get more.  In a couple of days, the temperatures will rise and everything will melt. So in the next 2 days, I'd better get those kids outside to play again.  

  We're ready for spring but I am thankful for winter fun.


1 comment:

Sarah Heywood said...

I've always sewn mittens on a string and threaded them through coats. Ben is 18 and still wears his like that!