Thursday, January 28, 2016

I Be Sick

So I've been sick for more than a week now.  A week ago today, I went to the doctor and she said yeah, I have a bad cough, but my lungs are clear so I just needed to wait it out.  Mostly. She did give me a prescription for a cough suppressant, but said suppressant had codeine and I'm not a big fan of codeine.  It makes me weird.

So here we are, another Thursday, and I'm still sick. I am definitely BETTER, and I'm thankful for that.  But I'm still coughing, still have a sore throat, still have a headache, still feel tired.

I've been a bit whiny about it, but yesterday it occurred to me to be SO thankful that I'm a stay at home mom and I can baby myself while I'm sick.  It is true that with 9 kids, I'm not hanging out in bed unless I'm desperate. But I've been able to take naps most afternoons while the kids play computer games and Rose sleeps. I've been able to move down to first gear on homeschooling...the kids have done school this week, but I've been less involved and that's Ok.  I'm NOT a working mom who MUST go to work.  So yes, BIG blessing.

I confess to being very sick of being sick. Kevin has been sick too, and he is sick of being sick.  Various kids have been sick, and they are tired of it as well. We always have a "sick patch" during winter and I should be used to it by now but oh, we're ready to be well.

No comments: