Sunday, April 5, 2020

Palm Sunday

The days are blurring together for us as they are for most people.  These are weird times.

We are well, physically and mentally and mostly emotionally.  I feel like I am doing fine with anxiety, but oddly I keep having weird and annoying dreams where I am trying to pack up luggage to catch a plane and can't make it happen, or worse yet, I've had a couple of dreams about losing track of kids.

Those are anxiety dreams so I guess I am affected by all this. No huge surprise. Mostly I am doing well with the quarantine though.


Rose likes to go nose to nose.


Spring means Kevin is starting to take pictures of, say, mushrooms.  


Two mushrooms. Obviously!


Lydia graciously worked with the three youngest to put together a gingerbread house from, yes, Christmas.


Kevin has been toiling away outside on our back three acres. There is a lot of scrubby bushes along the fence line, and he is demolishing them.  He also lit a fire a few days ago.  It was a low wind day and the initial flames shot 20 feet in the air. FUN!


A Rose and me selfie.


A Kevin and me selfie.


Chocolate.  A ridiculous amount of chocolate. I don't think I will run of chocolate during this quarantine. Which is a good thing. But I admit this a little ridiculous.  (I don't share because no one else likes my dark chocolate with almonds. That is just SO SAD!! :-))

Easter is a rather strange holiday for us. As weird as this sounds, we haven't all attended Easter services in several years.  They are usual absolutely jammed and there are people everywhere and we've had lots of kids and it has been stressful. So in the last years, we have usually skipped Easter services at church.

We are attending a new church now and there is plenty of space and the congregation size small (though growing!) so this year I was thinking, yes, we can go to Easter services!

Except, coronavirus. Quarantine. So no Easter services.

I am not someone who really needs holidays to think about Jesus.  I mean, I like the Christmas season and the Easter season but I tend to study the Bible based on where I feel God is calling me as opposed to focusing on the Incarnation at Christmas and  the Risen Christ on Easter.  So I am not too distressed about missing Easter services.

I know some people relish such times more than I do.  Certainly, God had plenty of festivals for the Israelites in the desert and in Israel, which tells ME that God has created us for such things.  We do well to remember the basics of the faith and holidays are helpful in that way.

So yes, weird Easter. Weird world. But Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  And I am grateful.

No comments: