Sunday, November 22, 2020

COVID update

 Well, of course we got it.  I mean, COVID is super contagious.

So far we are doing really well.  I have had symptoms for a week now and while I am incredibly tired and have headaches and (oddly) chilled feet, I have no breathing problems and no coughing and no fever.  Swine flu back in 2009 hit me way harder so I am very thankful.


Kevin is also sick. Very tired, occasional headaches and body aches.


Lydia is sick.  Very tired with headaches and body aches.


There is a theme, isn't there?


The younger 7 kids are showing a few signs of fatigue and Isaac seems to have COVID toes.  It is 10:23 a.m. and none of the six girls have emerged from bed so I'm guessing they are sick and tired.


But really, so far we are doing great.  I've done some poking around and a 51 year old woman and a 50 year old man with 9 kids under 21 should all do fine with this. But still, it is a SCARY disease so if we sail through this with a couple weeks of extreme fatigue and aching, we'll be happy.


Various kind people are bringing us food when we need it.


Oh, Naomi is recovering. She was the sickest (so far) and is past the headache stage though she is still very tired.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Hi sick people - so sorry to hear about it! I had an ER scare/visit for unrelated issue, have some pneumonia and ER doctor was pretty certain it was Covid. After the long test, I'm negative (still). However Covid keeps closing some hospitals (well closing off some rooms anyway) and my back surgery has been rescheduled twice now. No clue when it will every get done but I'm fine with waiting even when something hurts!

Drink water and try to feel better!