Sunday, July 16, 2023

Mid July

 So this last week wasn't too bad in terms of busyness. We still had some illness but I felt good most of the week.  We had one orthodontia appointment but that was it for medical appointments.  I spent most of the week home, which frankly I liked a lot!



I decided to put this on my blog because it is cute. No other reason.



These are from our fourth of July feast (so a couple of weeks ago).  


A tree frog hanging out on the outside of our sliding doors!  Isn't that funny??

So yes, it is summer and it is hot and the pool is awesome and we are doing well.  I did get stung by a bee yesterday and it still hurts.  Got me good!

First chigger bite of the year too!  I hate chigger bites. But am thankful that it isn't a terrible one and that I made it to mid July before one got through my defenses.  I take two showers a day and often swim as well, which helps a lot.

This week our church is having its annual rummage sale and we may be assisting. Yesterday three kids and I were helping with our church's food pantry, and Lydia was helping set up the rummage sale.  I am thankful for my children and their servant hearts.

Oh, one last thing.  I signed up for both Britbox and Acorn TV subscriptions through Amazon Prime. Prime had a deal where I pay a dollar a month for two months, and then the subscriptions jump up in price.

I have thoroughly been enjoying a mystery series called My Life is Murder, which stars Lucy Lawless, better known for her role as Xena the warrior princess. Which I have never seen.  My Life is Murder is lots of fun, set in Australia for the first season and New Zealand the second and third seasons.  I like mystery series that aren't too deep and depressing and these are charming.




No comments: