Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sickness

 Well, as if this last week wasn't busy enough, Kevin and I both got sick with some virus!


Not THE virus -- I did a COVID test and it was negative. Anyway, the symptoms are mild stomach upset, aches and pains, and major fatigue.  I think it was Thursday that I spent much of the day in bed, sleeping heavily with lots of weird dreams.

I loathe being sick.  Let me rephrase that.  I loathe being sick after a couple of days.  I don't mind one day of lying around in bed, but now I am tired of being tired!

But it isn't anything huge. I am improving. But I still don't like it.

Anyway, last week was full of medical appointments. Monday, Rose had a well child checkup. She is a below average height for her age so maybe she will be petite like Miriam, which is cool.

Tuesday was Fourth of July and we had a big family party with all our kids and Kevin's mother.  That was fun!

Wednesday and Thursday were copious eye appointments.  Seven of us went in and got checked and picked out new eyeglasses.  Sarah had her checkup in January I think.  Miriam has perfect vision.  She and Lydia are the only ones with perfect vision.

I am at the beginning stages of cataracts which is kind of irritating.  The optometrist said no problem for now, but that as they grow they will impact my night vision especially.  My night vision is already not terrific but I am fine to drive. She said that I had cataracts last year when I was checked so this isn't new. I didn't hear her say that a year ago.

Kevin is working away and considering when he will leave his job.  Still lots of stuff to sort out.

Thankfully this upcoming week is way less busy with only one trip to the orthodontist!

Our pool is looking and feeling good.  I really enjoy swimming.

So Happy Summer for us and I don't like feeling sick.

Oh, one last thing that is totally awesome!  The Ohio regulations for homeschooling are being changed and notifying will be simpler starting NEXT (2024-2025) year.  I am excited.  I have been doing this for years and years and can keep doing it for years and years but frankly I find the regs annoying. The local public schools are fairly easy to work with but they do sometimes get crabby about silly things and then I am having to resubmit stuff, and every time I need to go the post office to get the letters sent registered and return receipt requested.

So yes, I am happy it will be easier in the future.


No comments: