Monday, June 7, 2021

Food Issues

 I have been having various gastrointestinal problems for literally years.  Now they aren't a huge deal, but they are annoying.


A few weeks ago I realized that pistachios (which I love) seem to make me feel worse. I looked up pistachios and they are high in fructan.  There are other high fructan foods (like broccoli and asparagus) that seem to cause me difficulties as well.

So I severely reduced my intake of high fructan food and am definitely doing better.  That is awesome but...

I am already dairy intolerant, and a Type 2 diabetic, so I eat no dairy and low carb. Now fructan seems to be a problem, which reduces my potential diet even more.

Sigh.

I mean, on one hand, I am just grateful to have access to lots of food, and that I seem to have figured out another issue. On the other hand, seriously, BODY, what are you DOING TO ME??

I have been wanting to lose a few pounds and I have :-).  I mean, when you cut out whole sections of food that is apt to happen.  



No comments: