Friday, February 24, 2023

Lurching Toward Spring

 


I know it is not warm today, but we have had a couple of warm days recently. Yesterday it was almost 70. And windy, of course, as a front blew through.  Very windy.

We missed a major winter storm to the north of us so I am happy.




Much of this week has involved the cat on the right.  Moonbeam is our oldest cat.  We were not confident how old but came up with him being at least 13 and maybe even 15!  That is old for an ourdoor cat.

Kevin noticed he was slobbering and I checked him and discovered a tooth was broken.  I took him to the vet and they extracted that tooth and a couple of others that were barely hanging on.

Then they dosed him with pain meds and antibiotics and we put him in the barn for a few days.

Like all but one of our cats, Moonbeam is a stray/rescue. He and his mother and fellow kitten showed up on our porch many years ago. We found homes for Mom and Sib, but Moonbeam stayed. He is a very very nice cat.  I know he is very old too, and don't expect him to live a lot longer.  I am going to keep a close eye on his quality of life. He seems happy now.


Kevin bought our children a new "Active Life" mat. The Wii has games where you jump up and down on the mat and get exercise.  The old mat was not working right.  There is great happiness regarding the new mat.


We got our Universal Yums box from Brazil a few days ago. It is a subscription service where every month, we get food from a different country.  The kids really enjoy testing out different items. 


I finished this fun puzzle.  In addition to being spiritually encouraging (names of Jesus) it was also easy.  All those letters made it easy to put puzzle pieces in the right places.  A few months ago, I started a Monet puzzle and gave up.  I love Monet's work but it was SO hard to find the right spots with most of the puzzle full of tans, greens, purples, and pinks.


I found Wiki Stix living in a random box.  


Much of the family has been sick this week. Kevin has been the worst, poor guy.  Four of us helped at our church's food pantry last Saturday and on Monday, I got a text from one of the leaders that he tested positive for COVID!  We already had some people feeling funny on Saturday (no one who went) and three of us have tested negative for COVID since then. Which is to say, we tested at home. I am nearly certain it is just a cold.


Daniel has been sick all week but today felt well enough to make lemon muffins.



Oh, this is one last "funny".  All last weekend I was thinking I needed to wash the dining room floor but didn't get around to it.

Monday morning, Rose was sick and asked for some 7-Up. I said yes.

She then spilled it all over the dining room floor. I was glad I waited on washing the floor!  

Then a few hours later, we brought home groceries and Daniel dropped a bag with a giant container of yogurt.

Which then smashed and spread yogurt all over.

Sigh.

So now the dining room and kitchen floors are clean. Because I had to deal with them!

 





No comments: