Saturday, February 11, 2023

Saturday, February 11th

 


 


Kevin purchased copies of the rest of my books so now we have a whole set.  The vast majority of my books are purchased as e books but still, it is nice to have the physical copies.
One of my gifts as a writer is I can easily forget plots from previous books. That IS good since I am using the same characters from Pride and Prejudice over and over again, and it is important that I not get my plots mixed up.

Anyway, the whole thing has been enormous fun and far more successful than we thought it would be.


Kitty city.  All seven cats showed up for breakfast one day this week. Shadow usually hangs next door, as I mentioned in a previous post, but she honored us with her presence.


This. Is. Hilarious.  Miriam and Rose doing sit ups with Rose sitting on Miriam's legs to help her older sister!


It is still winter but spring is lurking in the near future. Our deck tends to be warm unless there is a vicious wind, so our kitties are happily trotting around outside even though it is only in the mid 30's. But it is not windy -- we did have a major windstorm on Thursday.  Highs in the 60's with winds near 30 mph. Weird day!

So Saturdays used to be my most exhausting day of the week. That sounds odd but the way my life worked (when I had littler kids) was that on Saturdays I was trying to get school organized for the following week while also caring for small people.

In general, Saturdays are far easier now because the children are more independent. Having said that, today has been crazy!  Last week we had medical appointments three days, and I was taking Joseph driving regularly, so some stuff backed up at home. Today I am organizing kids' school plans, and writing a blog (ha ha) and I have writing to do on my latest novel, and I am also sorting out College Credit Plus for this coming school year (starting in Summer)

I have mentioned CCP before I think; it is a wonderful program wherein the State of Ohio pays for some college level credits for high school students.  Homeschoolers have to fill out online forms and gather documentation and while I have done it many times before, it is always a little nervewracking because any mistake means no credits.

The free credits are great, but the local community colleges also have a rule wherein if a CCP student uses up all of his or her credits, they will offer further credits at a rate that is about 1/3rd of normal. So that is a huge bonus.  We usually don't have enough credits to cover all classes, but for Sinclair and Clark State University, when we run out we only pay like $55/credit hour which is awesome.

So yeah, I'm jumping through hoops collecting documentation right now.  Joseph, Miriam, and Angela will all be taking college classes next year, so I need to not screw it up :-).

Having said all that, it definitely is nice that right now all the children are playing computer games and I can just focus on my work without squealing babies or toddlers. I truly adore little kids, I do, but there are nice things about older children too!







No comments: